Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Media Survelliance

While watching television I started focusing my attention more on commercials I started to notice that more and more commercials came up focusing on women's "age-defying" products. This to me seemed that women in society cannot grow old and still be beautiful and graceful. I do not think that I have ever seen products advertised for men. The women on these commercial do not even seem that old, yet they say that we need to start using these products right after the age of 40, maybe even younger. The media has greatly affected what women need to look like even as we get older. These kind of commercials even show up on channels like MTv and BET, which seems kind of odd for advertising on these channels and to this audience of women. Though I guess any publicity is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment